• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to change IP?

B

Bonez

Hi all

I run a plesk 7.5 box with fedora core 2 installed.
I recently was assigned a new subnet /27 by my ISP and I need to change every single client over to the new IP so that their sites will be up and running again.

They are currently running off a backup server (which doesn't run plesk) and I didn't have any problems with that, but i'm a bit stuck at the moment. I went in and added the new IP's to the "Server / IP Addresses" tab, but I can't find any way to change each domain's physical hosting IP address.
I am really stuck with this problem. I've removed the interface from the linux system (ifconfig) and the network scripts, however whenever I log into the control panel it always shows "Physical hosting on xx.xx.xx.xx" which is the old IP address.

I can't work out how to change the physical hosting IP so that all my sites start working again.
Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bonez

Remove the IP's from the IP pool firstly. Then run:

perl /usr/local/psa/bin/reconfigurator.pl mapfile

edit 'mapfile' - it's clear what to do, then run the above command again.

Change of IP address

Good day,

I wonder if you could tell me if your post above would also work for me. This is what I need to do....

Currently our server is behind a router/firewall, so Plesk sees the IP as 192.168.1.5.... We want to change this so that the box is connected directly to our modem (our connection speed is being hurt badly by this router) so every domain will need to change to use our internet ip of 218.xxx.xxx.xxx and so on. Will using the instructions above work for this situation?

Thinking I knew more than I did (narrowly averting disaster it felt like) I switched the box to a direct connection and tried to manually go into the 'setup' of each domain and change it's IP to the new one... only to have some really weird things start to happen. Sites were not coming up... database errors showing up in the domains that had been changed... So I paniced and changed everything back and thankfully everything is as it was.

Thanks in advance

Steve
Trend New Technologies
Osaka, Japan

:( I learn something new about Linux everyday... but there is a long way to go!

Back