• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Question How to change port 25 to 587?

ice

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian11
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.44
Hi.
I have been using Plesk for a long time and I have port 25 open at home and everything works. I recommended my friend Plesk, he started using it, but he has port 25 blocked. So, I go to:
settings - mail server settings - Enable SMTP service on port 587 for all IP addresses - checked.

When I send an email, the logs contain:
206F35C044C: to = <[email protected], relay = none, delay = 2.2, delays = 0.18 / 0.01 / 2/0, dsn = 4.4.1, status = deferred (connect to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l .google.com [74.125.200.26]: 25: No route to host)

How to permanently change port 25 to another?
Best regards
 
Port 587 is used to send an email via the Plesk mail server. It forces you to authenticate before you send an email. Otherwise, everyone could abuse your mail server without authenticating (also called an "open relay").

Port 25 is used by the outside world to deliver emails between mail servers. As port 25 is blocked, Gmail can't deliver the email.

Have a look at this article:
 
Back
Top