• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to change port 25 to 587?

ice

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian11
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi.
I have been using Plesk for a long time and I have port 25 open at home and everything works. I recommended my friend Plesk, he started using it, but he has port 25 blocked. So, I go to:
settings - mail server settings - Enable SMTP service on port 587 for all IP addresses - checked.

When I send an email, the logs contain:
206F35C044C: to = <[email protected], relay = none, delay = 2.2, delays = 0.18 / 0.01 / 2/0, dsn = 4.4.1, status = deferred (connect to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l .google.com [74.125.200.26]: 25: No route to host)

How to permanently change port 25 to another?
Best regards

Port 587 is used to send an email via the Plesk mail server. It forces you to authenticate before you send an email. Otherwise, everyone could abuse your mail server without authenticating (also called an "open relay").

Port 25 is used by the outside world to deliver emails between mail servers. As port 25 is blocked, Gmail can't deliver the email.

Have a look at this article:

Back