• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to configure a single php-fpm pool per subscription

joep842

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
I'm new to Plesk based systems and haven't been able to find a way around separate domain/subdomain pools. Can I customize Plesk in a way to have a single overall pool for all domains in a subscription? An old comment in https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001201949 suggests it's not possible, but that's from 2019. Thanks!

Can I customize Plesk in a way to have a single overall pool for all domains in a subscription?
No, this is not possible.
Every domain/subdomain does use it's own fpm pool, regardless of using dedicated PHP-FPM handler or not.

Thanks for the responses. I suspected as much. The only way that seems remotely possible is to extensively customize configuration templates, such as domain/service/fpm.php

If it's only for one/few subscription, you could also:

1) disable PHP for all domain/subdomains but one of that subscription in the Plesk panel
2) use the "Additional Apache directives" on the other domain/subdomains to add PHP back and "link" it to the FPM pool of the "primary" domain, i.e. add
Code:
<IfModule mod_proxy_fcgi.c>
    <FilesMatch \.php(\/.*)?$>
        SetHandler proxy:unix:///var/www/vhosts/system/maindomain.tld/php8.1-fpm.sock|fcgi://127.0.0.1:9000
    </FilesMatch>
</IfModule>

Back