• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to disable xcache being installed or updated automatically?

YashodhanK

New Pleskian
Hello,

I wanted to permanently get rid of xcache from my Plesk 12 as some softwares we are using crashes if xcache is installed or enabled on server.

At present I am doing yum remove to remove xcache php extension from server which is allowing our software to work but after couple of days, its coming back again.

I found traces in autoinstaller log, but I am not sure how to completely disable only xcache for all php versions installed on server i.e. PHP 5.3, 5.4, 5.5

Thank you

Do you have installed php-xcache package and xchache options in php.ini?
I have not found any xcache mentions on my test Plesk 12 server installed by default.

Thank IgorG,

I have multiple php versions installed on server including, PHP 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 using Plesk 12 Web Installer
It came with default packages, and Plesk autoupdate is enabled to download patches.
Now every time autoupdates runs, I see php5X.inf3 file downloaded and packages are upgraded in the order.

To remove I need to run yum remove plesk-php54-xcache* plesk-php55-xcache*
To remove xcache to make our application work properly.
We are using PHP5.4 and PHP 5.5 for two different sites hosted on same server.

ok, what if I disable / exclude that package using repo file itself? I'm not sure if that help, because I am not sure if that may break Plesk upgrade / patch update automatic process?!

May be it would be better disable it through php settings?

This is how I am removing it manually.
Code:
[root@plsk12sa parallels]# yum remove plesk-php53-xcache*
Failed to set locale, defaulting to C
Loaded plugins: priorities
Setting up Remove Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package plesk-php53-xcache.x86_64 0:3.2.0-centos6.15040611 will be erased
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

==========================================================================================
Package                Arch       Version                     Repository            Size
==========================================================================================
Removing:
plesk-php53-xcache     x86_64     3.2.0-centos6.15040611      @PHP_5_3_29-dist     146 k

Transaction Summary
Remove        1 Package(s)

Installed size: 146 k

How do I disable it using PHP settings?

There is an option in the php-settings to turn it on or off, but it is not changing anything. The phpinfo continues to show xcacher.

I'm also having issues with software so I ended up removing the package as well. I guess that is a 12.5-bug as well?

The additional php-directives
Code:
xcache.cacher = Off
xcache.size = 0
xcache.stat = Off

opcache.enable = 0

eaccelerator.enable = 0
eaccelerator.optimizer = 0
are also without any effect.

Could you give it a try Igor?

Back