• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to enable 4-byte support in mariadb 10.5

stefan-franz

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

in my nextcloud there ist that warning:
MySQL is used as database but does not support 4-byte characters. To be able to handle 4-byte characters (like emojis) without issues in filenames or comments for example it is recommended to enable the 4-byte support in MySQL. For further details read the documentation page about this ↗.

How can i do that? In the manual there is for me to diffucult - have anyone a easy to use tip for me?
I know phpadmin and i have running a phpbb forum - but under linux i'm a newbie.

I got a feedback from the nextcloud help forum - my mistake: In the command above i should have entered the name of the database instead of nextcloud. My mistake.

But I mean for this database operation a special instruction is required under Plesk, because e.g. the

sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:mode --on
is not working - because the config.php is is locket.

And i don't know if the nextcloud manual elsewhere dind't work and i crash my database.

Back