• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question How to extract the MySQL dump of Docker based DB from and old server backup?

anatol

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.63
I'm trying to restore an old version of a MySQL 5.7.27 database that was running in Docker, but I don't have a database dump file. However, I do have access to an old full server backup in Plesk Backup Manager.
My questions are:
  1. Is it possible to extract the database dump from the full server backup files?
  2. If not, can I extract the Docker-mapped files for the database, which were located at /var/docker/mysql_docker?
  3. What's the best approach to restore this database using the available backup?

As I know, plesk backup system not backup docker images from 2016 there is open case for this: Backup manager: Include Docker containers

So if you have only backup from backup manager you cant get your databases from docker container, you need access to server and get backups from docker directly.

Back