• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to filter emails?

I

inCharge.co.uk

How do I attach a VB Script (.vbs) to an event that fires after MailEnable has attempted to send a message from its 'outgoing' folder. The script needs to handle the email based on the response from the remote smtp server.

I don't have any problem writing the script, I just need to know where to put it so that it will be fired.

Why? Some messages are being continually re-queued long after the 30 hour mail failure limit. The logged error response makes it clear that the email will never be sent, but it is re-queued anyway. So the 'outgoing' folder slowly fills up.

Plan B is to just delete everything over 30 hours old but I'd rather not do that if possible because the delay might be legitimate e.g. the remote server might just be offline.

Cheers
Julian

I think that it is better to check that file exists in Outgoing\Messages folder but not exists in Outgoing folder. Because it seems that after 30 hours for default MailEnable drops header of the message but does not drop message itself.

Back