• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to find root password of Plesk for MySQL 5

cpartassides

New Pleskian
Windows Plesk 8.3 is provided to me by my server provider also.

I would like to have root access to the MySQL 5 which is installed.

My question is : How do i find the root password for it - i am guessing the one Plesk is using also to authenticate itself to mysql 5 for administrating databases. How can i update this password for plesk ?

thanks

Costas P.

See /etc/psa/.psa.shadow
If you don't have access there, you can still set a new admin password in the control panel if you have sufficient permissons.

Huh?

Atomic, I love you but the correct answer is:

"Look in PSA db in misc table there are mysql_admin and mysql_password values."

This is an old thread, but for anyone still looking for a solution here, eugenevdm was correct. Remember that there are TWO mySQL instances on a plesk server. The plesk PSA MySQL instance, which uses your Plesk admin creds as username/password, which is what eugenevdm is recommending you connect to. Then look in the "databaseservers" table and you will see plaintext username/password for the other MYSQL Instance, the "user" instance. The User instance is probably where most people are trying to gain root access too, and is where all user databases are stored.

So I think that atomicturtle is confusing the two databases. Most users should be able to connect to their Plesk MySQL isntance, likely on port 8306, get the root creds for the user instance, and then connect to their USER mysql instance on port 3306.

Back