• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to fix the most common WordPress errors

NoraHensl

New Pleskian
Recently I had a problem with my website, and while I was looking for a solution, I found a tutorial on how to fix several popular WordPress errors. Here are some of them:

1. Internal Server Error may appear if something is wrong and the server is not able to identify the problem. In this case you can:
  • check for the corrupted .htaccess file
  • increase PHP memory limit
  • deactivate all WordPress plugins at once
  • re-upload the wp-admin and wp-includes folder from a fresh WordPress install
  • contact your web hosting support team to check the server logs
2. Incorrect Syntax caused by a mistake in a code syntax. A missing comma, or an extra curly bracket can break the entire script.
  • edit the code that caused this error
  • access the file you last edited using FTP
  • connect it to your website and go to the theme file that needs editing (the error will tell exactly which file and which line you need to edit)
  • remove the code you last added or write the code in correct syntax
  • save the file and upload it back to your server
3. The WordPress White Screen of Death can happen when a script exhausts PHP memory limit, due to a poorly coded theme/plugin, or because of an issue with a web hosting server.
  • increase PHP memory available to WordPress
  • disable all the plugins
  • replace your current theme with a default theme
  • turn on debugging in WordPress
  • empty your cache
  • increase PHP’s text processing capability by increasing the recursion and backtrack limit

You can paste the following code in your wp-config.php file.

/** Trick for long posts */
ini_set('pcre.recursion_limit',20000000);
ini_set('pcre.backtrack_limit',10000000);

Note: Before you make any changes to your site, make sure you have a backup of your WordPress site.

Hope it will be helpful for you!

Regards,
Nora

Last edited:
Back