• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to follow advice "enable backup encryption on the cloud storage side"?

That's why any user should read up on the documentation of the cloud storage provider ;)
Perhaps you're misunderstanding me? I cannot see inside the Plesk source code for the settings/params it uses to talk to the external services, so no amount of reading up on the cloud storage provider's documentation is going to answer those questions. And when you share information here in the forum as you did above that is not in the documentation, you learned it from some source that is not readily accessible to new users, hence my request that such information is added to the documentation where we expect to find it. I really do think I'm being clear here, so please forgive me if I refrain from rephrasing my point one more time? All the best!

[...] I cannot see inside the Plesk source code for the settings/params it uses to talk to the external services, so no amount of reading up on the cloud storage provider's documentation is going to answer those questions.
This would be based on the (false) assumption that during a backup Plesk manages the cloud storage security settings/parameters (ie. whether or not backups are stored privately or publicly and/or are encrypted at rest). Which isn't the case. Plesk only uploads (transports) the backups the cloud storage provider. Any security settings/parameters are managed with the cloud storage provider. Plesk has no influence on these settings (which would a security risk in itself).

And when you share information here in the forum as you did above that is not in the documentation, you learned it from some source that is not readily accessible to new users, hence my request that such information is added to the documentation where we expect to find it. [..]
That's false as well. I actually found the information in the DigitaloOcean Spaces documentation. Which is publicly available to anyone.

Thank you for confirming that you've completely misunderstood all that I've said, and that I am not in fact losing my mind. All the best!

Back