• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to get rid of "Website Page Protected Access" when trying to post in FaceBook

Mackek

New Pleskian
Hi Guys!

I have just released an article that I have been working on for a while..
It has been password protected on my site so that only me and one other partner could log in and see it while in progress.

Now that I have disabled password protection from Precence Builder and I'm posting the page in FaceBook the description say "Website Page Protected Access" and you are not able to have an image or anything on FB!?

Is there anyone out there who can help me on this one?

Site url is -- http://www.harpmeet.com/artiklar/steve-baker/

Other pages are ok.
I have tried to publish the same page from a differens and cache cleared browser with same result.
If you try it your self, what happens? (You dont need to actually post it to FB, just paste the URL to see what it captures from the page)
Oh, and I'm using Mac if that should be to any help.

Cheers!

1. What is the "/fb" version of the site for? (What I am doing is pasting the original link to FaceBook, and thats when i get the "Website Page Protected Access")
2. Clearing cache for harpmeet.com at my local computer or in some function in Presence Builder?

Sorry man, I'm new to this.

I have now verified the problem from two other computers that has never been to the page before (one new virtual machine and one physical)
Same problem from there, so local browser cache is out of the question.

1. "/fb" it's a version of your site for FaceBook and it's used only by FaceBook but you can open it in your browser to check up. Did you see here any password issues?
2. I mean cache at your local browser...

Thank's Egor for clarifying :)

There has never been a problem accessing the site.
1. The page was password protected before.
2. I disabled the password protection.
3. Now if anyone tries to share the URL through their own timeline on FaceBook everyone gets the "Website Page Protected Access" in the timeline.
4. Still you are able to click and get perfectly to the page.
So please try to share the url http://www.harpmeet.com/artiklar/steve-baker/ and see for your self :)

Thanks for being so patient with me Egor.

Mackek, you are welcome here :)

Seems I can't reproduce your issue (but I'm not too familiar with FB :)).
Could you provide Step-by-Step instructions what you do and what you see?

thank you...

Mackek, you are welcome here :)

Seems I can't reproduce your issue (but I'm not too familiar with FB :)).
Could you provide Step-by-Step instructions what you do and what you see?

thank you...

1. Log in to your facebook account.
2. Copy/paste the url given above.
3. Whait for Facebook to capture content.
Right there you should see the problem.

I just reproduced the problem also from my iphone.
image.jpg

Now it is clear. You don't use WPB's FB integration. You just share link to one of pages.

I think this issue caused by some FB cache and only FB team can resolve this...

Now it is clear. You don't use WPB's FB integration. You just share link to one of pages.

I think this issue caused by some FB cache and only FB team can resolve this...

Hi Egor,
Any kind of local cache is out of question and this page has never before been shared on FaceBook.
So please explain to me in which way it could be a caching problem?
I have never heard about FB caching anything, is there any info you could point me to?

From my perspective it looks like some element of the password security that i previously used that precense builder did not clear when I disabled it from the GUI.

I will try to crate another new page in the same way to reproduce.

Do you sure that you have not tried to share this page while it was password protected? Then it's strange..

Ok, I'll try to reproduce your issue at my test environment.
I'll let you know about results...

Back