• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to have the .sql file in the Plesk backup?

PeopleInside

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.42 Update #1
Hi, in the Plesk downloaded backup, into the folder databases than database names for example database1 and inside 4 files backup_sqldump.tzst
How can i obtain database1.sql file on Windows?

I can understand there are 4 backup_sqldump files of each database. If I want obtain the single .sql file how I can do on Windows without access to the VPS?

Or.. if I need to restore the database with a single .sql file to import from the phpmyadmin web interface I can just choose one of this 4 dump files?

Extract the database backup you want from that folder (usually the most recent time stamp). Extract TZST files in SSH Terminal to where you want them, usually the root of the domain where you want to restore, follow https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-to-extract-files-from-a-Plesk-backup-archive

They appear to be binary files. You can use the 'import dump' option in the Plesk panel Databases page on a domain of your choice - it will handle these binaries. If afterwards you need a text-based SQL dump, you can then just do 'export dump' to get it.

Back