• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue How to install a custom mariadb version

luren549

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.12
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.45_build1800220701.06 os_Debian 10.0
The default mariadb version for my fresh install of plesk is 10.3.34, how can I customize the mariadb version?

What do you mean by customization? Editing entries in my.cnf or installing a different version?

The default mariadb version for my fresh install of plesk is 10.3.34, how can I customize the mariadb version?

If you want to customize the MariaDB version and I assume upgrading to a newer version is what you mean, you can follow Debian's/MariaDB's instructions to upgrade MariaDB. This is often done by creating the version specific sources.list file with the newer version. Then, simply run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade to get the newer version. At least, that worked for me in the past.

Please always try this in a testing environment first and make sure to backup your databases before attempting any upgrade.

Back