• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to link domain/subudomain to a spcecific path

B

Bouquet

Hello,

I would like to link several domain/subdomain name to a sepcific path on the hard drive. In my old configuration i do this modification in the virtual host file.
But here how could i do that without breaking plesk?

eg: toto.absolum.com, titi.absolum.com, www.azerty.com ... would be link on the hard drive with the folder
/var/www/absolum.com/httpdoc/

Thanks in advance for your quick answers.

Philippe Bouquet

There may be a few ways to do this, but i would suggest setting up one site with physical hosting, then setting up the other sites with forwarding to the primary site.

edit: from the domain creation wizard in plesk:

Information: To host a web site on this machine, select the Physical hosting option. Upon completion of this procedure, your control panel will set up the domain name server on this machine to serve the new domain name and prepare the web server to serve the new web site: a new zone file with appropriate resource records will be added to the domain name server's configuration files, a web space will be created inside the web server's directory, and necessary user accounts will be created on the server.
Note: If the site is hosted on another machine, and you wish to set up your control panel's DNS server only to serve the DNS zone for that site, select either Frame forwarding or Standard forwarding option. With standard forwarding, a user is redirected to the site and the actual site's URL is shown in the user's browser, so the user always knows that he or she is redirected to another URL. With frame forwarding, a user is redirected to the site without knowing that the site actually resides at another location.

Back