• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to map existing SSL certificate to a domain alias.

Niko H.

New Pleskian
Hello!

I would like to map --existing-- SSL certificate to domain aliases (NOT LET'S ENCRYPT!!).
We have her dozends of domains, all running on one and the same typo3, which generates different contents for different domains from the database.

So the task is, NOT to use these Let's Encrypt certificates, but using existing certificates of their domain owners.

In Plesk I only found the possibility to add a individual certificate to a DOMAIN. So I had to link all domains to one and the same application folder of that typo3. Maybe this makes some problems in logs, but this is another thing.

So my idea is -- to change all domains (except the main domain) to the state of a domain alias, because domain aliases do not have their own settings for php, which is really not needed.

So maybe somebody can help me to find a way to add existing SSL certs to domain aliases - I would be really glad!

Regards

Nick

Hello!

I would like to map --existing-- SSL certificate to domain aliases (NOT LET'S ENCRYPT!!).
We have her dozends of domains, all running on one and the same typo3, which generates different contents for different domains from the database.

So the task is, NOT to use these Let's Encrypt certificates, but using existing certificates of their domain owners.

In Plesk I only found the possibility to add a individual certificate to a DOMAIN. So I had to link all domains to one and the same application folder of that typo3. Maybe this makes some problems in logs, but this is another thing.

So my idea is -- to change all domains (except the main domain) to the state of a domain alias, because domain aliases do not have their own settings for php, which is really not needed.

So maybe somebody can help me to find a way to add existing SSL certs to domain aliases - I would be really glad!

Regards

Nick

Hello Niko H.,

If you go to the section "Hosting configuration for cname.domain.tld" of the subdomain to which you want to apply the certificate, you will find the option "Certificate" in which the certificate you want to assign to your subdomains will appear.

a greeting

Hello Garcue, thank you for your answer.

You describe selecting an exsisting cert in the hosting configuration.
I mean s. th. other:

1.) it is no sub-domain - it is a full domain.
2) We have a single Typo3 that is responsible for multiples domains, so I looking for a way to install these dozends of SSL certs for all these domains, without adding dozends of "plesk domain applications" which makes a long list, and which each appl. is set to one unique application directory of the main domain.
I also do not need php-confs etc.etc. for each domain only for one main domain.
Hope, this was better description of what I would like to do.
For ex.:
Main domain is: mymaindomain.com
2nd Domain is: completelyOtherDomain.com
3rd Domain is: completelyOtherDomain2.com
...and so on...

Maybe you have an idea, what I could do?

Thanks & regards
Niko

Hi Nico,
I've been trying to do the same thing for a long time but I still haven't found a solution, did you find a way to put different certificates to each alias?

Back