• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to remove or change primary IP adress?

netsetter

Basic Pleskian
In Tools & Settings --> IP Adresses I got two IP Adresses:

192.168.1.10 (primary, bold)

Since the first IP adress is just the internal IP adress, I'd like to remove it, but I get the message that it's not allowed because it would be the primary IP.
Plesk has no option to just switch the primary IP adress, so what's the way to do it with plesk12?

Regards.

"ifconfig" for your wired network
"iwconfig" for your wireless network with ndiswrapper

if you would like some manual pages, please use the command "man ifconfig", or man iwconfig

While you are connected over a shell to your server over the external IP, you might change/delete any IPs, which are previously configured, without getting booted. Do your changes ( in this case delete the internal IP and save your configuration ) and afterwards use the Plesk Panel option to synchronize the network adapter(s). Be sure to add the IP after the synchronisation again, so that your internal IP is now the second one. - Be aware that I never tested this procedure before... so all at your own risk! :p

Back