• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to rename a subscription ?

Each subscription in the Plesk is referred to by the domain name of the first website created under that subscription. The first website is used as the main domain on the subscription. Its virtual host directory is used for the document root of additional domains on the webspace.

It is not possible to set up an additional website as the main website on the subscription. The main website on the subscription cannot be deleted or replaced with another domain.

Plesk 12.x and above
  1. Go to Home > Subscriptions > example.com > Websites & Domains > example.com
  2. Click on Hosting Settings tab and specify a new name for the domain.
Change_name.PNG

thx for repy )
  • onefh.com is the current subscription name:
Image_2018-10-22__10-57-42__1540198662.jpg

• i want to change it over to uptoconcept.com
  • both are existing registered domain with A-Record to this server, listed under the same subscriber onefh.com
  • when renaming subscriber receiving this error
Image_2018-10-22__11-04-54__1540199094.jpg

Okey, the solution is pretty simple.

1.Log in to Plesk
2. Rename the domain uptoconcept.com to example.com in your subscription (as a placeholder)
3. Rename the domain onefh.com to uptoconcept.com
4. If you want also to migrate the data from the placeholder to the "new" uptoconcept.com create a new domain and copy the data from onefh.com to it. Than overwrite the data from the placeholder to the "new" uptoconcept.com

or if you want to move onefh.com to a sepperate subscription and change main domain from onefh.com to uptoconcept.com:
  1. Log in to Plesk
  2. Create a new subscription example2.com
  3. Copy your original website onefh.com in example2.com subscription via domains > example.com > Copy Web page
  4. Test the site on the new location by adding example2. Comin to the local computer Hosts file
  5. Rename onefh.com in uptoconcept.com and example2.com in onefh.com
2. After this, he wants to delete/change the main domain of the subscription at server 1. Is this possible?
This functionality is not yet implemented in Plesk, but you can use the following workaround:

1. Go To Home> Abonnements> example.com> Websites & Domains> example.com
  2. Click Settings Hosting tab and specify a new name for the domain.

Note: in case of Web Admin license is used, select required webspace(subscription) in upper right corner and click on Hosting Settings for required domain.

Note: the permission "Domain creation" should be enabled on the subscription. The customer cannot rename this domain without this permission.

This doesn't actually answer the question. The question is how to rename a subscription. The reason I'm here is because I have exactly that question.

There is nothing wrong with answering a question with "sorry, can't be done".

The answer provided, namely, that t is possible to rename the primary domain for a given subscription, is sufficient for some use cases, but not mine., We really want to keep the subscription name equal to the domain name of its primary domain. That's why I want to know how to rename a subscription (when the primary domain changes).

As far as I can see, the workaround for that is to create a new subscription with the desired name and move the domains to it.
This is not easy: there doesn't seem to be an option to copy a subscription, so its settings need to be copied manually, and in some cases (passwords), they can't be copied at all (without admin rights on the backend; we are a reseller and lack those rights). Creating a new subscription with possibly different values for properties is fine if the old subscription wasn't in use yet, but you can't just change properties when the subscription was in use.

A possible workaround for that is to have the admins enable API access and write a script to do the copying through the API, but that isn't easy either, and opening up API access is a security risk.

So at the end of the day I'm still looking for a good answer to the original question.

Reinier

Well ... I checked again, and my reply above is just silly.

Changing the subscription's domain name in its hosting settings is the actual answer to the question. While additional domains can be defined for a subscription, one domain is associated with it from the start, and its name is the subscription's name. So changing that domain name in its Hosting Settings changes the subscription's name.

Back