1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

How to schedule a PHP script?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by dubbelepunt, Jul 26, 2005.

1. dubbelepunt

dubbelepunt Guest

Hi,

I want to run a PHP script with Scheduler, which should be possible according to the Plesk manual. When I call this script in the Scheduler commandline, it will not run.

I found out that I should call php.exe with the -f option (is that right? :confused: ), to execute the script that way... BUT, I need to know the path to php.exe, and it doesn't seem to be at C:\PHP or C:\Program files\PHP...

I'd like to know what exactly is the right way to call the script, and where to find php.exe

Thanks!

2. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Guest

chance is permissions wouldnt allow it anyway. ask your host for help

3. dubbelepunt

dubbelepunt Guest

but what is the right way to call the script?
    I'd like to be sure I don't make any mistakes before I ask my host :)

4. truthmonkey42

truthmonkey42 Guest

if is a plesk 7.0 install it's likely off of the Plesk incantation...

c:\program files\swsoft\plesk\php\

or c:\plesk\php\

or depends on where the installation root of Plesk is...

-T42

5. dubbelepunt

dubbelepunt Guest

Thanks! PHP is located in c:\program files\swsoft\plesk\php\ indeed, works like a charm :)

6. greco@

greco@ Guest

Hi all (my first post in the forum).
    I add this tip:
    The php executable founded in "Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\Php\" too

If you need to pass parameters to the script try this as ARGUMENTS of the Exectutable file:

c:\Inetpub\vhosts\yourdomain.com\httpdocs\script.php param1=Param+Number+One+value param2=Param+Number+Two+value

Dont use & or ?, use spaces instead.

Sorry for my bad english too :)
    Regards