1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to, setup DNS without setting up domain

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by mcbryde, Sep 18, 2006.

1. mcbryde

mcbryde Guest

Is there a way to setup DNS without setting up the domain. I have a 30 license account and don't want to "Waste" some to setup domains not on this server. My current DNS servers are old and I want to move them to newer servers. However I have about 300 domains I run DNS for. I don't want to setup 300 domains just so I can setup the DNS.

Thanks for any sugestions

2. frostie

frostie Guest

The domains don't have to exist in Apache (Plesk) to be provided as DNS.

What you will need to do though is create the files manually. Usually involves the editing of /etc/named.conf and addition of the various domain records inside /path/to/bind/dir

It is do-able.

3. davy

davy Guest

use domain aliases. We also have many domains who just use our dns, so we use one domain in plesk and added all the other domains to it as domain aliases. For the domains that require hosting or email we use normal plesk domains.

Davy