• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved How to update Mysql 5.5 to 5.6 or later in plesk 12.?

Dhanish

New Pleskian
I need to know how I can update MySQL version 5.5 to 5.6 or later version in my Plesk control panel. I am using centos 7 with Plesk version 12.5.30 in my dedicated server .

I am trying to install Magento application version 2.0.7 on my server . it's required MySQL version 5.6 or later version . I searched everywhere in my Plesk root control panel but I couldn't find any option to update MySQL

Last edited:
What errors are you getting?
I just removed my post on how to install it as it gave errors where there weren't any before.
I'll post back once I have looked a bit closer at my test VM.
Regards

Lloyd

Right, if you follow this guide...

https://downloads.mariadb.org/maria...o_release=centos7-amd64--centos7&version=10.0

As you can see create the file...

/etc/yum.repos.d/MariaDB-10.repo
Code:
# MariaDB 10.0 CentOS repository list - created 2016-08-13 10:47 UTC
# http://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/repositories/
[mariadb]
name = MariaDB
baseurl = http://yum.mariadb.org/10.0/centos7-amd64
gpgkey=https://yum.mariadb.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-MariaDB
gpgcheck=1

Now stop Watchdog monitoring MySQL (or it will get restarted, there is a command to do this but I can't find it in my notes), and stop MySQL...
Code:
# service mariadb stop

Then run...
Code:
# yum install MariaDB-server MariaDB-client

And start MySQL again...
Code:
# service mariadb start

If it fails, check /var/log/messages for this error...

Aug 13 12:02:44 myhostname systemd: Configuration file /usr/lib/systemd/system/psa.service is marked executable. Please remove executable permission bits. Proceeding anyway.
Aug 13 12:02:44 myhostname systemd: Configuration file /usr/lib/systemd/system/psa.service is marked world-inaccessible. This has no effect as configuration data is accessible via APIs without restrictions. Proceeding anyway.

So run...
Code:
# chmod 644 /usr/lib/systemd/system/psa.service

And then start MySQL.
That should get it going. I'm hoping someone can confirm this as I don't have time to recheck atm.
Kind regards

Lloyd

Last edited:
Now stop Watchdog monitoring MySQL (or it will get restarted, there is a command to do this but I can't find it in my notes), and stop MySQL...

The command to remove a specific service from watchdog - monitoring is:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modules/watchdog/wd --unmonit-service=mysql

These possible command strings

--monit-service=<service> Enable monitoring service
--unmonit-service=<service> Disable monitoring service​

... can also be listed with the global "--help" command string:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modules/watchdog/wd --help

The command to remove a specific service from watchdog - monitoring is:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modules/watchdog/wd --unmonit-service=mysql

These possible command strings

--monit-service=<service> Enable monitoring service
--unmonit-service=<service> Disable monitoring service​

... can also be listed with the global "--help" command string:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modules/watchdog/wd --help

HI, Command line is a bit above my pay grade, but I need to get my PLESK MySQL updated to install magento 2.0. Please contact me if you are able to a help. thanks, jAson

Back