• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to update php via plesk web host edition

natral

New Pleskian
Hello,

A friend recently asked me to update his website which he has hosted with plesk. He created a user in his account for me with the role webmaster. I entered through the plesk web host edition using the credentials he gave me. I managed to upload the sites content and database but the php version is too low for the framework used to develop the new site. I've been looking around but can't find how to update the server's php version through the plesk web host edition (which is what i have access to). Would appreciate any input on how to proceed from here.

Thanks in advance

Hi natral,

Plesk offers "Multi-PHP-versions" ( from 5.2 to 7.1 ), so that you are able to choose the desired version for each domain. Pls visit for example:

to inform yourself about it.

If you still would like to upgrade your serverwide PHP - version, pls. consider to add at least the output of the commands ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ):
Code:
plesk version

and

php -v

I check the documentation but the thing is that i can't see those option from the control panel that i have access to.... Here is a screen grab of the control panel i can access

screen.png

Can you let me know what is it that i have to ask the owner to give me access to to configure this?

Hi natral,

Can you let me know what is it that i have to ask the owner to give me access to to configure this?
Such additional Plesk components can be installed over the Plesk Control Panel ( as Administrator/Root ):

=> HOME > Tools & Settings > Updates & Upgrades > (new window) Add/Remove Components > Web Hosting > PHP interpreter versions

... or over the command line ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ):
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component phpX.X --install-component phpX.X
... where "X.X" has to be replaced with the corresponding numbers of the desired PHP - version(s).
Code:
  php7.1
  php7.0
  php5.6
  php5.5
  php5.4
  php5.3
  php5.2

Back