• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue How to upgrade Node.js from 17.9.1 to 18.17.0

lzelko

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows 10 Enterprise
Plesk version and microupdate number
pariah.cirrushosting.com
Hello, I am trying to upload a website developed using react. The dependencies I need to run the project require Node.js version 18.17.0. Is there any way for me to update this Node.js version to work with my website? I have no experience with any Linux coding.

Alright, so you want to upgrade Node.js from 17.9.1 to 18.17.0 for your React website. Don't worry, even if you're not familiar with Linux coding, it's pretty straightforward with a tool called NVM (Node Version Manager). Here's how I'd do it: Install NVM: First, you need to install NVM. You can do this by opening your terminal and running this command: bash curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nvm-sh/nvm/v0.39.1/install.sh | bash After installing, you might need to restart your terminal or run this command to get NVM working: bash export NVM_DIR=""$([ -z ""${XDG_CONFIG_HOME-}"" ] && printf %s ""${HOME}/.nvm"" || printf %s ""${XDG_CONFIG_HOME}/nvm"")"" [ -s ""$NVM_DIR/nvm.sh"" ] && \. ""$NVM_DIR/nvm.sh"" Install Node.js 18.17.0: Now that NVM is set up, you can install Node.js version 18.17.0 with this command: bash nvm install 18.17.0 Switch to Node.js 18.17.0: To start using the new version, run: bash nvm use 18.17.0 Check the Version: To make sure everything worked, you can check the Node.js version with: bash node -v It should say v18.17.0. And that's it! You should now have the right version of Node.js for your website.

Back