• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to use ActiveSync with Horde

Hi all,

I also managed to get Active Sync to work on my Plesk 12 with Ubuntu 12.04 using the instructions provided here in the first post.
Emails and calendar are working perfectly on Outlook 2013 and Android 4.4 clients but I cant sync contacts and notes.
Is there any suggestion how to get this working?
I can write a note in my standard notebook on Horde but I can't see this in none of my clients. Also Outlook notes are not beeing synced as well as contacts.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks
Onki

Hi,

I'm trying to get activesync working, but I cant get pass the Rewrite Rules! I followed many instruction, like this one, the Horde wiki or this one http://www.stiftnet.de/activesync-mit-horde-einsetzen/
But I always get errors if I try to open via browser:

Code:
==> /var/www/vhosts/website.tld/logs/proxy_error_log <==
2015/10/27 09:37:53 [error] 16400#0: *4807 open() "/var/www/vhosts/website.tld/httpdocs/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, server: website.tld, request: "GET /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync HTTP/1.1", host: "website.tld"

==> /var/www/vhosts/website.tld/logs/proxy_access_ssl_log <==
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [27/Oct/2015:09:37:53 +0100] "GET /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync HTTP/1.1" 404 564 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/47.0.2508.0 Safari/537.36 OPR/34.0.2026.0 (Edition developer)"

Currently I activated the config mentioned in this thread. I'm using php-fpm with nginx, so I think the http and https directive aren't processed. I tried to port the rewrite rules to nginx, via alias, rewrite, ProxyPass, etc but nothing worked. Maybe one who's able to port this rule to nginx may help me?

Debian: Jessie
PHP: 5.6.13 by OS Vendor via FPM application served by nginx
Plesk: 12.5
Horde: Plesk Default in /usr/share/psa-horde

Thx, Thias

So, I got it kind of working! The redirect seems to work for now. I created a new subdomain called eas.domain.tld and put these Additional directives for HTTP/S into the Apache & nginx Settings:

Code:
# Enable ActiveSync
<Directory /usr/share/psa-horde>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /usr/share/psa-horde/rpc.php [L,QSA]
Alias /autodiscover/autodiscover.xml /usr/share/psa-horde/rpc.php
Alias /Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml /usr/share/psa-horde/rpc.php
Alias /AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml /usr/share/psa-horde/rpc.php
# End Enable ActiveSync

I enabled the "Smart static files processing" nginx and leave the "Serve static files directly by nginx" disabled with no further nginx setups.
As PHP I use Plesk 5.6.14 as "FPM application served by nginx" and disabled the openbase dir.

Now the redirect seems to work, but any EAS devices I have throws an error about incompatible version. I check the url via browser and instead of execution the php, I get the rpc.php as plaintext download! Anyone knows what it could be? I tried it with disabling "Smart static files processing" and/or switch to the FPM by apache and FastCGI by apache ....

Code:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [31/Oct/2015:19:36:23 +0100] "POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?User=XYZ&DeviceId=XYZ&DeviceType=WindowsMail&Cmd=FolderSync HTTP/1.0" 200 6316 "-" "WindowsMail/17.5.9600.20911"

I also tried this redirect:

Code:
ProxyPassMatch ^/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync$ unix:/var/www/vhosts/system/domain.tld/php-fpm.sock|fcgi://serverip:7081/usr/share/psa-horde/rpc.php$1

but this throws an error, that the FastCGI header couldnt be read:

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Code:
[Sat Oct 31 19:43:14.807597 2015] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 23671:tid 140553039558400] [client serverip:33253] AH01067: Failed to read FastCGI header
[Sat Oct 31 19:43:14.807635 2015] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 23671:tid 140553039558400] (70014)End of file found: [client serverip:33253] AH01075: Error dispatching request to :

Hi,
I updated my webserver package to Ubuntu 14.04 with Plesk 12.5
I do have the same issue than ThiasJ.
When I enter:
Code:
https://domain.tld/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
I also just get a file download. None of my clients can access the server.
Wht can I do?

Best regards
Onki

Hi,
I've got CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)‬ + Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3.
I tried to get ActiveSync work with Horde but I always get an error.

Using the "ActveSync Tester"-Tool I get:

Code:
Testing xxx.com (SSL, On Internet):

Communications:
    Doing DNS lookup on xxx.com ........ OK (xx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
    Testing TCP to xx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 443 ... OK
SSL Certificate:
    Receiving ................................ OK
    Ensuring not Self-Signed ................. OK
    Verifying certificate .................... OK
ActiveSync:
    Checking for application ................. FAIL

Result:
    ActiveSync detected, but access denied. [HTTP 403: Disabled for this user]

Going to https://xxx.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync in my Browser, I get:

Code:
Forbidden

You do not have permission to access this document.
Web Server at xxx.com

The Plesk-Protokoll 'says':
Code:
2017-08-07 10:53:20    Error    xx.xxx.xxx.xxx 403    GET /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync HTTP/1.1        AMLAgent/1.0    3.39 K    SSL/TLS-Zugriff für Apache
2017-08-07 10:53:20    Error    xx.xxx.xxx.xxx AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /usr/share/psa-horde/rpc.php                Apache-Fehler

Any ideas?

Regards, Andreas.

Hi I know this guide is quite old in the meantime.
Basically I manually updated horde to its last version to make shure plesks horde was not modified due to their premium email they want to sell

The /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
Responses with Trying to access the ActiveSync endpoint from a browser. Not Supported

Then when trying to setup outlook i get to manual setup and choose exchange.

I do got a login window, but it keeps reappearing as if outlook or horde sycn permission is not 100 % yet.

Any hint what might me wrong?

Hi,

I am running Plesk with ActiveSync on the latest Onyx and unbuntu 16.04.
The procedure is still as described in the first posts.
It works OK so far but I am having issues with email syncing.
I can only sync emails for max 1 month. If I choose "all mails" in the sync clients the syncing gets stuck after some mails.
If you are using Onxy it would be useful to open a thread in the Onxy section.

Best regards
Onki

Back