• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to use amazon route 53 as dns

agaitan

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi i currently use route 53 of amazon for this use case:

1. i got my domain mydomain.org registered in amazon, i have created 2 nameserver like ns1.mydomain.org and ns2.mydomain.org and set my two plesk ips
2. when i create new domains , new domains should have the ns: ns1.mydomain.org and ns2.mydomain.org, that works perfect

now i would like to implement route 53 using the plesk addon, what should i do to maintain my ns1 and ns2 mydomain.org nameservers? or that will change?

thank you

Keep in mind that Route 53 can be used as a DNS provider, as well as a domain register. Those are two separate things. It's seems like you're currently only using Route 53 to register domains and use your Plesk server to run your DNS.

The Plesk Route 53 extension however can only be used to run the Route 53 DNS. The extension synchronizes the DNS zones on your Plesk server to Route 53. In order to use the Route 53 DNS you'll need to change the name servers of your domains to the name servers of Route 53.

You can still register your domains with Route 53 of course. But that not what the Plesk Route 53 extension is used for.

Hope this explanation makes sense.

Keep in mind that Route 53 can be used as a DNS provider, as well as a domain register. Those are two separate things. It's seems like you're currently only using Route 53 to register domains and use your Plesk server to run your DNS.

The Plesk Route 53 extension however can only be used to run the Route 53 DNS. The extension synchronizes the DNS zones on your Plesk server to Route 53. In order to use the Route 53 DNS you'll need to change the name servers of your domains to the name servers of Route 53.

You can still register your domains with Route 53 of course. But that not what the Plesk Route 53 extension is used for.

Hope this explanation makes sense.
But what about using ns1.mydomain.org ns2 white labeled, or you guys recommend me to use the Amazon default Ns?

But what about using ns1.mydomain.org ns2 white labeled, or you guys recommend me to use the Amazon default Ns?
See: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...White-Label-DNS-with-Amazon-Route-53-in-Plesk

EDIT: this is a more indepth article about using white label with Route 53:

Also by using Amazon route 53 my Dns propagations should be faster correct?
I don't see why that would make a difference. But it could be true. I am not sure.

Back