• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to use real ip

C

canu

I am using Plesk 9.5. I have two Ip addresses and two sites like that

domain1.com on 1.1.1.1 (default ip)
domain2.com on 1.1.1.2

I am developing 3d payment system and the bank says that i have to use 1.1.1.2 sending http and curl requests but it is using default ip 1.1.1.1. when i ping domain2 it returns 1.1.1.2. All records says that sites ip address is 1.1.1.2 but it uses 1.1.1.1 to send all request from site.

how can resolve that problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically, when your server connects to the outside world, it uses the first IP address allocated to eth0 (or it might be the last -- I can't remember, but it doesn't matter because you only have two IPs). DNS has no effect on this at all.

In order to change from 1.1.1.1 to 1.1.1.2 as being the IP used, you will need to edit your network config.

How to do this depends on your OS:

In Centos/Redhat types, look in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
You'll probably see ifcfg-eth0:0 and ifcfg-eth0:1

If you look at each file, you'll see that 1.1.1.1 is specified in one, and 1.1.1.2 is specified in the other.

All you have to do is change the IPs around in these files.

You will then need to restart networking (or reboot server).

Important: Note that when sending email, the other IP will now also be used for that too, and receiving mailservers will do a reverse lookup on that IP to find the hostname.

PLEASE be careful though, as an error can screw things up completely. Check your firewall. Check everything to make sure this change will have minimal impact.

Make sure you have a plan in place to revert to the original settings (using a boot CD or something) if something goes terribly wrong and the system loses its network capabilities. Backup the whole server too, just in case. Be careful!

Faris.

Thanks for your reply and solution Faris.

Your solition works if i have only 2 ips. But this was an example. I have 6 sites and ip addresses like that. I really wonder that is a normal server behaviour. I googled it but i havent found any problem like that.

I think it can be solved with apaches mod_proxy extension. But I really want to learn plesk and apaches behaviour in this stuation. If it normal is there any configuration that i can apply to Centos 5.3 or Plesk 9.5

Thanks Again

It is normal, I'm afraid. I'm not aware of any flavour of Linux where the situation is different.

You can still swap the IPs around even if you have 100IPs -- it is just that the outgoing connection will always be from one particular IP (the first or last -- like I say -- I'm afraid I've forgotten which way raound it is).

But if you have lots of sites, all with static IPs and all of which need to communicate with the bank from their own IPs then this is a big problem!

HOWEVER, I did a quick google search and found a thread on this very subject (nothing to do with Plesk, but since this is a generic issue it makes no difference).

The suggestion was basically to specify the IP address you want when calling the program. For example:

wget --bind-address=1.1.1.2 bank-ip-address

You can also use PHP for some low-level stuff, specifying the IP you want.

$sock = socket_create(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, SOL_TCP);
socket_bind($sock, $sourceip);

The full thread can be found here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=687545

Faris.

Back