• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to use the SSL-certificate from another webspace?

TheColin21

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a domain "domain1.tld" which (DNS-wise spoken) has the subdomain "cloud.domain1.tld". The subdomain is registered in Plesk as a domain assigned to the webspace of "domain2.tld" as I use it as an alias (without redirection, just pointing to the same directory) to "cloud.domain1.tld".
Can I still (without manually down-/uploading the cert) use the wildcard cert "*.domain1.tld" for the subdomain "cloud.domain1.tld"? It does not appear in the list.

Best regards

If cloud.domain1.tld is added to the subscription of domain2.tld it can only be secured with the certificate domain2.tld. You'll probably have to renew the certificate to include the domain to the certificate. See image example below. I don't believe you can re-use an existing Let's Encrypt wildcard certificate issued for domain1.tld as that would conflict with domain2.tld. (Also, there is no need to re-use any certificate. You can easily renew/regenerate a Let's Encrypt certificate).

Schermafbeelding 2021-12-01 om 18.41.45.png

Back