• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to use wildcard for cookies names on Nginx cache settings

Kaspar

API expert
Plesk Guru
I am struggling a bit to get the cache settings right for Nginx in Plesk.

Within Plesk on the Apache & nginx Settings page in the Cache requests with cookies field it is possible to list cookies that you'd like Nginx to ignore when caching. As described in the Plesk documentation. This is a use full feature, but seems to have some limitation. For example I'd like to add the wp_woocommerce_session cookie to this list. However, the actual name of this session cookie differs, because it has to be unique. The full cookie name is something like wp_woocommerce_session_51462acbe1585f247ee5b2c7debc11e3. Uniquely named for each vistor.

Unfortunately adding wp_woocommerce_session_* to the list doenst work as a wild card. This leaves me wondering how to get around this limitation? Are wildcard not possible at all in listing cookies? Are there any other options to accomplish Nginx caching when the wp_woocommerce_session is used?

I also tried several common wildcard operators, none of those worked.
It would be nice if this gets addressed.

Back