• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to Verify Root Certificate?

JasonBibby

New Pleskian
Hey,

I've been having this problem with my server and never received a solid response on how to fix it, so I'm going to attempt to ask here.

I need to verify my root certificate, at the moment its self-signed which is causing issues with mail as it believes the sever that is "pretending" to be my server. I don't require individual SSL's as the websites I host don't require the security. I've attached below a link to a screen-grab of the problem my clients are seeing.

I just need to activate (I believe) a certificate that covers the IP in the same way that the self-signed one does.

Any advice anyone could offer would be great, I've done a quick search on the forum however couldn't see anything so I apologise if this has already been covered.

View Image

Slightly out of my comfort zone here so don't assume I'm right about this, OK?

I don't think you can acheive what you want without purchasing a "real" certificate. Any sort of certificate that you create yourself will not verify. That's kind of the point of the system.

But by ticking that little tick box at the top, the error message should go away permanently. I would advise your clients to simply do that if this option is available in their email program. But not all email programs do allow this -- I've not found a way to make Outlook do so, for example, and if anyone has any ideas on that please let me know....

Anyway...buying and installing a real SSL certificate is not hard or difficult. You can get one for $20 or so per year, and you only need one. In fact you can only have one for email.

This KB shows what you need to do to install them http://kb.parallels.com/en/1062
NOTE: As mentioned before, you can only use one certificate covering email. So you would have to tell your clients to connect to the server using the domain that the certificate is valid for, not (for example) their own domain name and not an IP address.

Again I stress I'm out of my comfort zone.......

Thanks for the reply, this is what I did presumed however I wasn't sure if there was a work around for it.

I may have to look into this, however how would the mail accounts relay through the mail.mydomain.com? Is there a guide available for this?

Back