• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How Upgrade Plesk 12.0.18 to latest (OVH VPS).

Giulio

New Pleskian
Hi, I'm a novice and I'm trying for the first time a VPS with plesk bought on OVH. The pre-installed plesk version is 12.0.18 and I would like to update it to version 12.5.30 or plesk onyx.

Following some guides found on various sites, I made an update to plesk version 17 but after the operations I received a series of errors and plesk did not work. So I reinstalled the server as originally.

I would like to know if there is a guide for users who have little experience like me, with all the commands to use on KVM in order to properly update.

Thank you
Giulio

Hi, I'm a novice and I'm trying for the first time a VPS with plesk bought on OVH. The pre-installed plesk version is 12.0.18 and I would like to update it to version 12.5.30 or plesk onyx.

Following some guides found on various sites, I made an update to plesk version 17 but after the operations I received a series of errors and plesk did not work. So I reinstalled the server as originally.

I would like to know if there is a guide for users who have little experience like me, with all the commands to use on KVM in order to properly update.

Thank you
Giulio

Hello @Giulio , OVH Plesk templates are pretty outdated. The easiest way to use the latest plesk release is to setup the VPS with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or Centos 7 and then to install Plesk Onyx.

Hello @Giulio , OVH Plesk templates are pretty outdated. The easiest way to use the latest plesk release is to setup the VPS with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or Centos 7 and then to install Plesk Onyx.

Hi, I tried using Ubuntu, but the version installed on the OVH server is 14. I tried to upgrade to version 16, but at the end of the procedure, the system showed conflicting errors with the preinstalled VPS version.

Check this:

How to install CentOS 7:
How to Install a CentOS 7.3 Minimal Server

How to install Plesk Onyx on CentOS 7:
How to install and configure plesk Onyx on Centos 7 - Linux Admin Online

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Trying with my suggested method, I install the clean server and only with Centos 7, after installing plesk, I had a lot of problems with Http and dns. In practice, as if it did not recognize the version of plesk onyx installed. I will try to do the whole procedure and then make any mistakes.

Back