• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

htaccess / mod_rewrite (or change IIS to Apache?)

VincentN

New Pleskian
I'm sure this problem concers to more people.

I cant get if figured out how to properly use mod_rewrite on Plesk for Windows.
At first IIS is used, not really a problem as long as it has al the needed features. I can see there is something like 'URL-rewrite' on the system but it seems it doenst do anything for mod_rewrite.

Otherwise, maybe it is possible to change IIS to Apache to fix the problem?

What is the best way to resolve this issue?

You can purchase Helicon Ape to enable mod_rewrite functionality in IIS. Your end users wont even know its not an Apache server as they still use .htaccess files like on Linux. Ape just invisibly does its thing to interpret the files.

Plesk does work properly, it is a shortcoming of IIS not Plesk that it can't use .htaccess files.

The IIS answer is use URL Rewrite rules in web.config, most websites support this now(WordPress).

You have never been able to use .htaccess in IIS, so not a Plesk problem. If you want this ability you have to pay for third party software.

Plesk does work properly, it is a shortcoming of IIS not Plesk that it can't use .htaccess files.

The IIS answer is use URL Rewrite rules in web.config, most websites support this now(WordPress).

You have never been able to use .htaccess in IIS, so not a Plesk problem. If you want this ability you have to pay for third party software.

I dont agree with that.
Mysql isnt part of IIS, but if it was missing out of plesk it is a shortcomming ;-)

I hoped it worked out of the box as it is a try-out to use some windows servers next to the linux ones.

Absolutely correct remark.

Back