• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question I bought a domain on cloudflare but there is no option to register the hosting name servers

Carlos Nog

New Pleskian
I bought a domain on Cloudflare but there is no option to register the hosting nameservers.

I investigated and they say that you have to register a type A record with the IP of the website.

but in plesk on ionos hosting there is only one ip for all websites.

Has anyone here had a similar experience?

cloudflare is a stupid company. I am sorry.

By registering the nameservers, do you mean creating custom nameservers, such as ns1.yourdomain.com or simply pointing the domain name to your existing web hosting nameservers? In the first case, scenario, I do not believe you should be required to assign a different IPv4 address for each nameserver (unless for specific TLDs, such as .de, for example).

By registering the nameservers, do you mean creating custom nameservers, such as ns1.yourdomain.com or simply pointing the domain name to your existing web hosting nameservers? In the first case, scenario, I do not believe you should be required to assign a different IPv4 address for each nameserver (unless for specific TLDs, such as .de, for example).
hello,

This is what they answered me on cloudflare:

CF Registrar Domains can only use Cloudflare Nameservers. You'd have to find the specific A/AAAA/etc records to add to use with Cloudflare.
If that's what your other websites resolve to that's probably the one you want to use. Modern hosts uses Shared IPs and then serve different content based on the requested website

hello,

This explains:

Oh, I see. I have never used Cloudflare as a registrar and I was not aware they obligate you to use their nameservers. Anyhow, you should be able to configure your DNS zone with them even if you use a shared IP address on your Plesk server.

Back