• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved I can't Access my Plesk server

garyung

New Pleskian
I am using plesk through vultr.
However, I am unable to access the plesk server by visiting the following URL.
https://158.247.214.220:8443/로그인
And wordpress is not connecting to plesk.

1. i get this message whenever i try to connect to plesk and my 3 domain addresses.

Unable to connect to site 158.247.214.220, it takes too long to respond.
Try the following methods

Check your connection
Check your proxy and firewall
Run the Windows Network Diagnostics program
error_connection_timed_out
Check your internet connection.
Check your cables and reboot the router, modem, or other network device you're using.
Allow Chrome to access networks with firewalls or antivirus programs set up.
If a program is already allowed to access the network, remove it from the list and add it again.
If you're using a proxy server
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure your proxy server is working. If you don't want to use a proxy server, follow these steps Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings > Change proxy settings... > LAN settings and uncheck "Use proxy server for LAN".

2. I get this message too.

The resource (158.247.214.220) is online, but does not respond to connection attempts.
The remote computer is not responding to connections over port 8443. This is most likely due to firewall or security policy settings, or the remote computer is temporarily unavailable. There is no problem with the firewall on your computer.
Contact your service provider or the owner of the remote system, or try again later.

I'm not very good with computers. I'm just getting started with WordPress.
Please help me.

Your server might have blocked your IP for too many invalid login attempts.

Solution: Please try to access Plesk from another IP, e.g. from a phone that is not connected to your Wifi, but directly to the cell broadcast. Then remove your Wifi IP from the Fail2Ban blocked IPs (Tools & Settings > Security > IP Address Banning (Fail2Ban)).

Your server might have blocked your IP for too many invalid login attempts.

Solution: Please try to access Plesk from another IP, e.g. from a phone that is not connected to your Wifi, but directly to the cell broadcast. Then remove your Wifi IP from the Fail2Ban blocked IPs (Tools & Settings > Security > IP Address Banning (Fail2Ban)).
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
I tried to access Plesk from a phone that is not connected to my Wifi, I was able to access it from my phone.
Then I looked at the list to block IP addresses, but my IP address wasn't in IP Address Banning.
What should I do?

Did you check for the public IP address of your Wifi? Sometimes people who are connected through the cell check that IP address, which obviously is not blocked. There really is not much else that can block you but the Fail2Ban block.

I tried again and solved it. The IP address I knew was wrong, I moved it from banned to trusted and I was able to access it.
I really appreciate it.

I created a new instance xyz in lightsail, it was working initially, after attaching the static IP address I could’nt correct with Plesk. its showing “This site can’t be reached”, i checked the Ban IP address by using SSH command "sudo plesk bin ip_ban --banned" it shows nothing.
Even i removed the Static IP, plesk still not connecting

Back