• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue I can't enable Smart static files

HoracioS

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.56 #3
Because running 'plesk bin apache --listen-on-localhost true' breaks PHP '$_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"]', I moved a site to NGINX.
Here is where the issue with NGINX begins. The 'Smart static files processing' loses the accent mark no matter how I mark and save it. Is there an error somewhere? It's a new installation of Plesk on ARM.
I am attaching the screenshots.

Best regards,
Horacio

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 2.28.08 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-03 at 2.28.41 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-03 at 2.29.31 PM.png

Hello!

It's quite strange, on my 18.0.56#3 Ubuntu 22 aarch64 box disabling proxy mode doesn't affect Smart static files processing. However, smart static files processing is only matters when the site runs in nginx + apache mode (Proxy mode on), so if you plan to stick on nginx, you can ignore this checkbox.

Meanwhile, Plesk 18.0.56#3 include fix for $_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"] for php-fpm on modern versions Apache.

Meanwhile, Plesk 18.0.56#3 include fix for $_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"] for php-fpm on modern versions Apache.
Yes, but a website that needs to view the public IP address in PHP '$_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"]' returns 127.0.0.1 instead of the public IP address if it's running on Apache, which is why it requires NGINX.

Yes, but a website that needs to view the public IP address in PHP '$_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"]' returns 127.0.0.1 instead of the public IP address if it's running on Apache, which is why it requires NGINX.
Yes, that's exactly this issue issue addressed in 18.0.56#3. However, you need to use php-fpm served by Apache and may be need to rebuild apache configs after applying the fix via plesk repair web domain.tld

Back