• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

I have a suggestion.....

some persons from SWsoft look through forum, so there is always a chance

but truly the fastest way in order to be supported is to buy it.

yeah right... Do you have salesmen working on support too ?

Some of the best support comes from the other experience users who own their own companies. If you have a question ask it and it might just get answered. also subscribe to the thread that you are wondering about and then you will be notified when someone answers your questions.

- Chris
http://www.64bithost.com

My question is say you pay for support and its THEIR problem (a bug in plesk). Do you get a refund?

Or did you just pay parallels 75 bucks to find a bug for them?

This is a significant problem with Pesky Plesk and Parallels software in general.

I pay 10 bucks a month for this piece of trash of a script. It is full of bugs / script errors and poor error handling and you want me to pay you 75 bucks to get support for something that SHOULD BE WORKING ALREADY! are you INSANE?

Get Plesk working and maybe we will talk, but the way I see it, it will take you about a year of testing....

The stupidity here is boundless and anyone who supports or pays for support of Parallels can join'm.

You need to understand when I pay for a script then it all needs to be working, period! The whole script needs to function. However we do find bugs once in a while with all software.
But Plesk, Virtuozzo both I have found, stumbled on or tripped over a bug a day for the last 20 days.

This is proof that you do not test your code at all, and frankly I'm wondering if you even know what that word means. I'll give you a hint, installing the software on one machine does not count as production tested code.

rr1024 even if the name is Parallels, they are not that stupid. Why create a "perfect" (there is no perfect) script when you can get money from support after selling it ? You would be amazed how much money a guy with a server down and lots of clients on it will be willing to pay just to see it working again. As for Virtuozzo , it's a little better because they took something that worked fine and added new features that work like Plesk.

I think monitoring the forums would be a good way to gauge customer impact of features and new product roll outs, asses the way your customers are responding to the product and possibly your support, and if possible to assist in getting your customers working.

if your customers can not get your solution to work, you will loose them and then get no money at all.

Paying for support is the premium way of getting fast support with an individual who is accountable and responsible for their responses - usually they give you the answer as well since you are paying for that. Paid support also fixes the problems for you themselves in a lot of cases so long as you are willing to provide access for them.

People on forums are "just trying to help" and may be delayed in their responses, not be prefectly accurate, or provide info to help guide you while not necessarily giving you the answer, and allowing you to do the work.

There are several differences in free and paid for support, but having both types will increase the confidence the community has in the vendor, knowing that if something breaks they can get help is a good assurance when buying the product.

if you feel that you are on your own most people wont bother with the product as a whole (in general).

just my two cents.

Back