• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue I have problem plesk is using all my RAM

First of all you need to determine which process consumes most of memory. Just run top command and then Shift+M

Sorry, but I would like to see output of top command with Shift+M.

Plesk run in command line top command:

# top

Then press Shift+M buttons on your keyboard.

Hmmm... it is really not good idea to use X server, Gnome, metacity on Plesk server.

I see nothing suspicious here. Only 7.1% of memory usage.
For example, on my test Plesk Onyx server I see:

[root@ppu17-0 ~]# free -m
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 3072 424 189 135 2458 2518
Swap: 512 101 410

How it is affect of your Plesk and websites operation? Why do you think that it is a problem? Do you have any alerts/notifications from Plesk Health Monitor?

I see nothing suspicious here. Only 7.1% of memory usage.
For example, on my test Plesk Onyx server I see:

[root@ppu17-0 ~]# free -m
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 3072 424 189 135 2458 2518
Swap: 512 101 410

How it is affect of your Plesk and websites operation? Why do you think that it is a problem? Do you have any alerts/notifications from Plesk Health Monitor?
That's not normal

Attachments

• Dec 14, 2016 01-44-29.png
    Dec 14, 2016 01-44-29.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 21
That's not normal
That is perfectly normal. Linux RAM management uses up all RAM if available and suitable to speed processes. When a process requests RAM, the OS will automatically free some from the cache or from other processes that do not need it. It is absolutely correct that the cache is using most of RAM in a low RAM setting like yours. You do not need to worry about it.

Back