1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

I need a freelance sysadmin

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by LeeParker, Jun 3, 2005.

1. LeeParker

LeeParker Guest

Plesk doesn't live up to the first paragraph on page 4 in the admin manual -

"Plesk users do not need to know the operating system or be a programmer in order to usa Plesk."

As a result, I need a freelance sysadmin, willing to work either by the hour or per instance.

Please email rates & experience to

imprint@find-it-usa.com

Thanks,
    Lee

2. LeeParker

LeeParker Guest

Got one. Thanks, Cranky!

3. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
    Unfortunatelly is not correct what manual say.
    If you don't know nothing about PLESK, or use just manual, in 2-3 month your server is cracked for sure.
    I suggest to all people to hire guys with security knowledge, or at least read a few tutorials about how to do it.

See our HOW TO :)))))

4. Kevlar3D

Kevlar3D Guest

and install something like chkrootkit to make sure you havent been haxored. I set mine to email me results daily, weekly is probably enough but i am insane.

5. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
    yum install chkrootkit and then add to cron to send as well mail

6. poke

poke Guest

Cranky knows what he's doing. He's a great dude too! :)