• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input I wrote a tutorial on how to redirect port 8443 to something more user friendly

Razva

New Pleskian
Hello,

After spending a ton of time explaining to my customers why they need to accept an invalid certificate when accessing their Plesk Panel, or remember a long server-hostname-that-is-usually-gibberish.tld, I finally caved and spent a couple of hours searching for a solution.

I wrote a straight forward tutorial about how to redirect Plesk port 8443, so you don't have to.

You can create a /plesk URL that points to something safer, like the server's main hostname, or in fact any other URL. You can also redirect legacy /cpanel and /whm users as well.

Productive comments and/or suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Razvan

Uh, what's stopping you from just setting the hostname to the main server's hostname, and issuing a SSL cert for that?

Generating custom vhost templates, especially for something like domainVirtualHost.php which we've seen change literally every update cycles is a pretty poor idea usually. Though, not sure if it's possible through other means (accessing /plesk)

The problem with the server's main hostname is that the clients are used with /cpanel or something related to their domain. When you have multiple Plesk servers, which usually have "unfriendly" hostnames (like serverid.datacenter.continent.hostname.tld things tend to get messy.

Yes, this could be solved with a Plesk cluster and use something like plesk-eu.provider.tld but this tutorial covers the users that don't use clusters.

Back