• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question ImageMagick 6.7.8 with WebP (libwebp) support on CentOS 7.7.1908

Jaco

New Pleskian
Hello,
I found this on github.
I edited it to my centos version and a few more things and installed a total of 15 minutes on the server.
Its working Perfect!!
Have a nice day everyone.
Greetings
Jaco

yum -y install bzip2-devel libtiff-devel giflib-devel ghostscript-devel libwmf-devel jasper-devel libtool-ltdl-devel libXext-devel libXt-devel librsvg2-devel OpenEXR-devel libwebp-devel lcms2-devel

rpm -ivh http://vault.centos.org/7.7.1908/os/Source/SPackages/ImageMagick-6.7.8.9-18.el7.src.rpm
sed -i '/BuildRequires:\tghostscript-devel/a BuildRequires:\tlibwebp-devel' /root/rpmbuild/SPECS/ImageMagick.spec
sed -i '/Requires: pkgconfig/a Requires: libwebp' /root/rpmbuild/SPECS/ImageMagick.spec

rpmbuild -ba /root/rpmbuild/SPECS/ImageMagick.spec

# actual install
rpm -Uvh --force /root/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ImageMagick-6.7.8.9-18.el7.x86_64.rpm

# if you to disable updates from CentOS repository
yum-config-manager --save --setopt=updates.exclude=ImageMagick*;

# verify WebP support via:
identify -list format

Attachments

• webp.jpg
    webp.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
and also on a old Centos 6.10 (final) its working perfect

here is the code:

yum -y install bzip2-devel libtiff-devel giflib-devel ghostscript-devel libwmf-devel jasper-devel libtool-ltdl-devel libXext-devel libXt-devel librsvg2-devel OpenEXR-devel libwebp-devel lcms2-devel lcms-devel

rpm -ivh http://vault.centos.org/6.10/os/Source/SPackages/ImageMagick-6.7.2.7-6.el6.src.rpm
sed -i '/BuildRequires:\tghostscript-devel/a BuildRequires:\tlibwebp-devel' /root/rpmbuild/SPECS/ImageMagick.spec
sed -i '/Requires: pkgconfig/a Requires: libwebp' /root/rpmbuild/SPECS/ImageMagick.spec

rpmbuild -ba /root/rpmbuild/SPECS/ImageMagick.spec

# actual install
rpm -Uvh --force /root/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ImageMagick-6.7.2.7-6.el6.x86_64.rpm
# if you to disable updates from CentOS repository
yum-config-manager --save --setopt=updates.exclude=ImageMagick*;

# verify WebP support via:
identify -list format

Attachments

• centos6.10 without webp.jpg
    centos6.10 without webp.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 24
  • centos6.10 with webp.jpg
    centos6.10 with webp.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 24
No, sorry i need to enable it in imagick like in picture above from Jaco... (imagick supported formats)
I have Plesk Obsidian 18.0.35 and Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS...

Thx but, already done this, this only installs second ImageMagick and not plesk php imagick module...
I think i have to replace or recompile ImageMagick which is already installed under /usr/include/ImageMagick-6
and then recompile plesk php imagick modul.... ?

If you are missing the PHP imagick module in PHP 8: It's not available for PHP 8 in many environments.

Also need more information on this. I successfully instlaled imagick with webP but plesk php version seems still to use the "old"/own version of imagick. I have no idea how to change this.

Can someone Help on this with Ubuntu ? Thanks
We need to recompile imagick plesk php extensions with webp support, but how?

Back