• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Implement Fail2Ban banning on country basis

Bossman

Basic Pleskian
I am trying to implement solution which will ban IP on country basis, i know that Juggernaut can do that but in my env that module was causing spontaneous firewall block for all traffic, so i am just searching other way to ban country based on MaxMind GeoIP databases.

Does anyone have heard of such solution, which can be integrated in Plesk ?

IgorG i already did that, but i know Pleask team has a lot of work, so i guess it will take time to have such function in plesk

I am trying to implement solution which will ban IP on country basis, i know that Juggernaut can do that but in my env that module was causing spontaneous firewall block for all traffic, so i am just searching other way to ban country based on MaxMind GeoIP databases.
@Bossman did you open a support ticket about this? I would be happy to try to diagnose the issue for you. You should note that we also support country blocking at the web server level too using the mod_maxminddb Apache module.

I do have some customers that legitimately go to "spam countries", so I would hate to block them solely just because of their GeoIP rating..
However, it would be great if the fail2ban "maxretry" could be different for such users - that are already flagged by country..

Back