• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Impossible to install extensions

LaurentR2D2

Plesk Certified Professional
Plesk Certified Professional
Hello,

Each time I try to install an extension, I get an error message : Corrupted meta.xml file. I've tried the soluce explained here : http://talk.plesk.com/threads/dropbox-backup-extension-for-plesk-11-5.290854/, but it doesn't work. When I look in Plesk folder, I have :

ls -la /usr/local/psa/tmp/

total 216

drwxrwxrwt 15 root root 4096 Mar 19 02:36 .

drwxr-xr-x 15 root root 4096 Mar 18 23:56 ..

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 10 2014 app-data.d

drwxr-s--- 2 psaadm psacln 4096 Jun 10 2014 aps

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 115914 Jun 4 2014 default_skeleton.tgz

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 479 Jun 25 2014 ftp.pamd

drwxr-xr-x 4 psaadm psaadm 4096 Mar 19 02:35 module0YI127

drwxr-xr-x 4 psaadm psaadm 4096 Mar 19 02:27 module5nSdKV

drwxr-xr-x 4 psaadm psaadm 4096 Mar 19 02:36 module77heSf

drwxr-xr-x 3 psaadm psaadm 4096 Mar 19 02:26 module8CX7xk

drwxr-xr-x 4 psaadm psaadm 4096 Mar 19 02:30 modulecAbIdy

drwxr-xr-x 4 psaadm psaadm 4096 Mar 19 02:25 moduleEw9Uyy

drwxr-xr-x 3 psaadm psaadm 4096 Mar 19 02:25 moduleEwQ3MU

drwxr-xr-x 3 psaadm psaadm 4096 Mar 19 02:25 moduleJ1fBuw

drwxr-xr-x 4 psaadm psaadm 4096 Mar 19 02:36 modulemUyS66

drwxr-xr-x 3 psaadm psaadm 4096 Mar 19 02:32 moduleOHSmfy

drwxr-xr-x 3 psaadm psaadm 4096 Mar 19 02:25 moduleuYotl9

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar 18 23:59 mu25-notify.flg

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4252 Jun 25 2014 plesk-default-key.xml

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8066 Mar 19 00:58 rc_actions.log

-rwxr-x--- 1 root root 20480 Jun 10 2014 run-root.tar

I see no meta.xml file. What can I do ?

Thank you

Hi,

First off, please let us know, which extension you're trying to install?

Hi,

First off, please let us know, which extension you're trying to install?

Google Authenticator
SSH Keys Manager
Scheduled Backup List
Clef Authentication 1.2
Skin and Color schemes 2.3

in fact it seems that I can't install any extension without getting this error message "Corrupted meta.xml file"

Are you trying to install the extensions via extensions catalog integrated into panel? Try to download the extension from https://ext.plesk.com/ to local computer, then go to Plesk > Extensions > Add Extension and upload it. Did it solve the problem or not?

Can you provide us the IP address of your server? We can check it for the error reports (in case if you participate in the program of automatic error reporting to Parallels).

Are you trying to install the extensions via extensions catalog integrated into panel? Try to download the extension from https://ext.plesk.com/ to local computer, then go to Plesk > Extensions > Add Extension and upload it. Did it solve the problem or not?

Can you provide us the IP address of your server? We can check it for the error reports (in case if you participate in the program of automatic error reporting to Parallels).

I've just downloaded all the extensions I've mentioned like you said, and when I try to install them, I get the same error message. The ip address of my server is 195.154.67.133, and normally I participate to the automatic error reporting. In case it is not the case, please tell me how I can activate it.

Have you been able to investigate ? I've found this thread with the same kind of error :

http://talk.plesk.com/threads/dropbox-backup-extension-for-plesk-11-5.290854/

and I've tried this suggestion :

Try to install extension "example": http://autoinstall.plesk.com/extensions/packages/example-1.7-1.zip
Have you gotten the same error?

The error means that the file meta.xml copied from package to temporary directory /usr/local/psa/tmp/module*/meta.xml is not readable or contains invalid XML data.
You can try the following:
run in console:
while :; do [ -d /usr/local/psa/tmp/module* ] && [ -f /usr/local/psa/tmp/module*/meta.xml ] && ls -la /usr/local/psa/tmp/module*/meta.xml && cat /usr/local/psa/tmp/module*/meta.xml && break; done
try to install extension
check the result: was the file found? was it owned by psaadm:psaadm? was XML valid?

It doesn't work since I find no meta.xml file in any of the module* folder in /usr/local/psa/tmp/.

Can you try to do the following in console (as a root user):
Code:
wget -O google-authenticator.zip https://ext.plesk.com/packages/d6d6e361-b55d-467f-8b97-6426174c77a1-google-authenticator/download
plesk bin extension --install google-authenticator.zip

It looks like zip archive becomes corrupted by unknown reason. According to error reports you've upgraded from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04. Maybe it's an AppArmor influence, try to switch it off at least.

Can you try to do the following in console (as a root user):
Code:
wget -O google-authenticator.zip https://ext.plesk.com/packages/d6d6e361-b55d-467f-8b97-6426174c77a1-google-authenticator/download

It looks like zip archive becomes corrupted by unknown reason. According to error reports you've upgraded from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04. Maybe it's an AppArmor influence, try to switch it off at least.

I get the same error message :

Code:
PHP Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(/opt/psa/tmp/moduleHGLTiR/.): failed to open stream: Is a directory; File: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Package.php, Line: 57

Error occured while sending feedback. HTTP code returned: 502
Error occured while sending feedback. HTTP code returned: 502
Corrupted meta.xml file.

I've removed apparmor, so it can't be the problem.

The zip archive contains a meta.xml file with this :

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Copyright 1999-2014. Parallels IP Holdings GmbH. All Rights Reserved. -->
<module>
  <id>google-authenticator</id>
  <name>Google Authenticator</name>
  <description>A multi-factor authentication with the one-time passcode generated by the Google Authenticator app.</description>
  <version>1.0</version>
  <release>4</release>
  <vendor>Parallels</vendor>
  <plesk_min_version>12.0.12</plesk_min_version>
</module>

Looks like it impossible to continue the investigation without taking a look at your server. Please contact our support team (create support ticket).

Looks like it impossible to continue the investigation without taking a look at your server. Please contact our support team (create support ticket).

Unfortunately I can't. My licence key is not eligible for mail or chat support and I can't afford to buy an assistance. I'll try to find what's going wrong and if I can't, as long as the other services work, I'll do without extensions. Thank you.

There are two options: you can try to install the Plesk on another server. One option: I can try to make a brief look on your server if you provide the credentials via private message.

Back