• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved incoming email stuck in queue - deferred

Catia

Basic Pleskian
I have a server running Ubuntu 16.04.3 and Plesk Onyx 17.0.17. Recently all email incoming to the server has stopped functioning. Upon investigation I found that all incoming mail is being held in the queue as deferred.

Messages in queue: 788 deferred, 0 held, 0 incoming, 0 active, 0 corrupted, 788 total.

I checked the mail log:
/var/log/maillog

There are numerous lines that look like this:
Code:
Feb  2 06:30:14 server dovecot: service=lda, [email protected], ip=[]. Error: userdb lookup: connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb) failed: Permission denied (euid=30(popus
er) egid=31(popuser) UNIX perms appear ok (ACL/MAC wrong?), dir owned by 0:0 mode=0755)

I don't really understand what the error message is telling me.

I recently changed all of the email passwords, and I think (though I'm not sure) that the problem began when the passwords were changed. I tried setting up a few new email addresses, and messages to those addresses suffer the same fate. Outgoing emails work fine.

Header info on one of the deferred emails looks like this:
Code:
Received: from webmail.mydomain.com (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
    by server.mydomain.com (Postfix) with ESMTPA id 359711023AB
    for <[email protected]>; Fri,  2 Feb 2018 14:36:36 -0700 (MST)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII;
 format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 14:36:36 -0700
To: [email protected]
Subject: testing from server to server
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-Sender: [email protected]
User-Agent: Roundcube Webmail/1.2.7

Any ideas?

Last edited: