• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Incoming mail not working

I

infuzion

I am using Plesk 7.5.4. Incoming mail is not working for all domains, but sending is fine. I was having trouble with Spamassassin the other day, and the service was stopped. I manually had to stop/start SPamassassin via SSH. Now incoming mail is not working even if I stop the spamassassin service. I have tried to rebuild the Qmail queue using:

cd /var/qmail/queue
rm -rf info intd local mess remote todo

mkdir mess

for i in `seq 0 22`; do
mkdir mess/$i
done

cp -r mess info
cp -r mess intd
cp -r mess local
cp -r mess remote
cp -r mess todo

chmod -R 750 mess todo
chown -R qmailq:qmail mess todo

chmod -R 700 info intd local remote
chown -R qmailq:qmail intd
chown -R qmails:qmail info local remote

This did not change anything once I restart Qmail.

When I goto dnsreport.com I get:

ERROR: I could not complete a connection to any of your mailservers!

mail.infuziontech.com: Timed out [Last data sent: [Did not connect]]

If this is a timeout problem, note that the DNS report only waits about
40 seconds for responses, so your mail *may* work fine in this case but
you will need to use testing tools specifically designed for such
situations to be certain.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Matt

Try reinstalling psa-qmail, it is likely that lock folder is messed up. You can also try downloading and running queue-fix.

In any case, SpamAssassin has nothing to do with the queue directories. SpamAssassin is fired *after* the mail is received and is being delivered to the mailbox. In fact there is a .qmail file in each users mail directory and in that file is where it pipes the message through spamc.

When I try to telnet to localhost 25, smtp is taking more than 30 seconds, which is causing the problem, as most mail servers timeout in 30 seconds. What should I check?

Check your RBL settings, it is likely one of the RBL servers is no longer responding.

Back