1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Incoming mail not working

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by infuzion, Jan 23, 2007.

1. infuzion

infuzion Guest

I am using Plesk 7.5.4. Incoming mail is not working for all domains, but sending is fine. I was having trouble with Spamassassin the other day, and the service was stopped. I manually had to stop/start SPamassassin via SSH. Now incoming mail is not working even if I stop the spamassassin service. I have tried to rebuild the Qmail queue using:

cd /var/qmail/queue
    rm -rf info intd local mess remote todo

mkdir mess

for i in `seq 0 22`; do
    mkdir mess/$i
    done

cp -r mess info
    cp -r mess intd
    cp -r mess local
    cp -r mess remote
    cp -r mess todo

chmod -R 750 mess todo
    chown -R qmailq:qmail mess todo

chmod -R 700 info intd local remote
    chown -R qmailq:qmail intd
    chown -R qmails:qmail info local remote

This did not change anything once I restart Qmail.

When I goto dnsreport.com I get:

ERROR: I could not complete a connection to any of your mailservers!

mail.infuziontech.com: Timed out [Last data sent: [Did not connect]]

If this is a timeout problem, note that the DNS report only waits about
    40 seconds for responses, so your mail *may* work fine in this case but
    you will need to use testing tools specifically designed for such
    situations to be certain.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Matt

2. wagnerch

wagnerch Guest

Try reinstalling psa-qmail, it is likely that lock folder is messed up. You can also try downloading and running queue-fix.

In any case, SpamAssassin has nothing to do with the queue directories. SpamAssassin is fired *after* the mail is received and is being delivered to the mailbox. In fact there is a .qmail file in each users mail directory and in that file is where it pipes the message through spamc.

3. infuzion

infuzion Guest

When I try to telnet to localhost 25, smtp is taking more than 30 seconds, which is causing the problem, as most mail servers timeout in 30 seconds. What should I check?

4. wagnerch

wagnerch Guest

Check your RBL settings, it is likely one of the RBL servers is no longer responding.

5. infuzion

infuzion Guest

Thanks!! That seems to have fixed the problem!!! :D