• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Incorrect permissions on /var/lib/php/session

AaronMcH

New Pleskian
Hello

We are running Plesk Onyx (Version 17.5.3 Update #33) on CentOS, a colleague of mine was trying to us Larvel and to use one of the tools he had to upgrade the built in version of PHP from 5 to 7.1 so used yum to do the update. This then broke Plesk (probably because between PHP 5 and 7 some file paths have changed), and as such he then had to reverse the upgrade and downgrade back to PHP 5.

As a result of this permissions on /var/lib/php/session must have been changed because we were getting permission errors when PHP tried to store session data.

I was able to fix this but wanted to know if this was a known issue, as any documentation I found on Plesk's site said that this issue of permissions being set incorrectly had been fixed.

Additionally I'd like to know if there are any plans to update Plesk so it doesn't require PHP 5 to be installed because in an ideal world we shouldn't need to even have PHP 5 installed anymore.

Thanks
Aaron

Hello

We are running Plesk Onyx (Version 17.5.3 Update #33) on CentOS, a colleague of mine was trying to us Larvel and to use one of the tools he had to upgrade the built in version of PHP from 5 to 7.1 so used yum to do the update. This then broke Plesk (probably because between PHP 5 and 7 some file paths have changed), and as such he then had to reverse the upgrade and downgrade back to PHP 5.

As a result of this permissions on /var/lib/php/session must have been changed because we were getting permission errors when PHP tried to store session data.

I was able to fix this but wanted to know if this was a known issue, as any documentation I found on Plesk's site said that this issue of permissions being set incorrectly had been fixed.

Additionally I'd like to know if there are any plans to update Plesk so it doesn't require PHP 5 to be installed because in an ideal world we shouldn't need to even have PHP 5 installed anymore.

Thanks
Aaron

Plesk use specific php-packages. If your colleague used yum install to add a php version, it's not correct.
You can add or remove php packages from the Plesk installer with the web interface or with the CLI.

Normal permissions for /var/lib/php/sessions are 1777.
So you can use
Code:
chmod 1777 /var/lib/php/sessions

Back