• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Incorrect Traffic Usage Recorded by AW & Webalizer for Web Presence Builder domains

Drakies

New Pleskian
Hey Guys,

I am sitting with a serious problem and I need help, we currently offer the Web Presence Builder to our clients but are having issues with incorrect traffic usage being recorded by AW and Webalizer.

Server Details

Plesk 11.0.9 Update #38
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 Bit

Although stats are updated on a daily basis, for both AW and Webalizer the traffic recorded by these two stats generators do not match or even come close to what is being recorded by Plesk.

To test to make sure that Plesk is indeed recording the correct traffic usage, I used this command below.

cat access_log.processed | grep "Mar/2013" | awk '{SUM+=$10}END{print SUM/1024/1024}'

The output from running this command was 350.043MB. Now If you take a look at the screenshot I took in plesk, you will see that it matches the traffic usage generated.

As you can see in the screenshot, Webalizer has only recorded 2.8MB of traffic. I then started going through the access logs to see what stood out and I came accross these images files "/data/imagegallery/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg".

So I decided to check how much traffic is being generated by the images using the following command below and it appears that the images alone were generating 318MB/350Mb.

cat access_log.processed | grep "Mar/2013" | grep "/data/imagegallery/" | awk '{SUM+=$10}END{print SUM/1024/1024}'

So the problem appears to be with Webalizer/AW stats not recording the correct traffic usage for gallery images. Please advise if you any idea what could be causing this or if I need to change something in the webalizer.conf or awstats.conf file to resolve this issue.

Attachments

• Plesk_Traffic_Usage_img1.PNG
    Plesk_Traffic_Usage_img1.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Webalizer_Usage_img2.PNG
    Webalizer_Usage_img2.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 3
I also need information on this same issue, I have a site thats pulling 14.8Gb of used bandwidth in the plesk panel statistics but AWstats is only showing 2Gb.

Back