• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Individual SSL certs per domainalias

MrHolland

New Pleskian
Good day,

Running on:

Product: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.33 Update #1

I've created a a domain which has to use 4 other domain aliases. Running a webshop were the hostnames point to the same home directory but based on the hostname showing different shops.

I added all the SSL certs (manual, crt, key & ca). On the main domain I can select "Hosting Settings" and select the correct Certificate for the host.

Of course the domain aliases give an error (wrong Certificate).

The aliases are added without a 301. When I go to hostingsettings on an alias it's not possible to select the correct certificate (the option isn't there).

Question: Is it good practice to add the aliasses as new domain, select the document root from the other site and fix it like this?

When you have several domains in the same account that point to the same document root directory, there is a risk that you can accidentally remove the "real" document root directory (the one of your main domain) when you remove one of the other entries that point to that directory. I have also seen several cases where backup and restore had issues with such a configuration, specificially when an application from the application catalogue is installed in on of the domains to which the others point. This can lead to a situation where first the website is restored, but the other domains are considered "empty", so that during a restore the files are removed again. I am not sure if in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.33 this is still the case, but I am sure that it has happened in Onyx.

Thanks for the detailed and friendly answers, for now I will make separate domains with each having there own SSL cert. The multi-domain SSL isn't really an option for us.

Again thanks and have an amazing week for now

Back