• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

InnoDB default setting enable file_per_table by default

Rob_108

New Pleskian
Seems to me that this setting should be default with the option for those with specialized considerations to turn it off. My Plesk installation is on CentOS (6) by GoDaddy and there is no way to turn it off when one starts up a new server as Plesk itself is using the database. I am very afraid of exporting, flushing and otherwise changing this database to enable this option manually as I have (just) experienced how this can break the entire installation.

When this option is enabled, one can easily move databases by simply copying the .frm, .MYI and .MYD files to whatever location. This is especially good when the server unexpectedly crashes and you use this opportunity to upgrade the OS or something. It also allows one to shrink this ever expanding db file and index files associated with it. Without enabling this option one cannot shrink these files and they grow ever larger.

Please consider this! It would be really great if there were an option in Plesk itself to choose this.

Thank you for your consideration.

Back