• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install on unclean RHEL4 installation?

N

NathanGaskin

I'm looking to install Plesk 8.3 on our RHEL4 server. I have a couple of questions before I go ahead with the install...

-- The server is currently hosting a critical application under Tomcat. Will the installation disrupt it? A few minutes of downtime (up to about an hour) isn't a problem but any more than that could be an issue.

-- Would the fact that it isn't a fresh install of the OS be a problem for the installer? (We've upgraded it to PHP5, for example)

-- The server came to us partitioned in a strange way...

# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 1012M 682M 279M 71% /
none 1014M 0 1014M 0% /dev/shm
/dev/mapper/rootvg-lv_tmp
1008M 34M 924M 4% /tmp
/dev/mapper/rootvg-lv_usr
3.1G 2.2G 715M 76% /usr
/dev/mapper/rootvg-lv_var
1008M 180M 777M 19% /var
/dev/mapper/rootvg-lv_home
4.0G 41M 3.7G 2% /home
/dev/mapper/rootvg-lv_data
84G 89M 80G 1% /data

...would that cause any issues? If so, is there a way around that without repartitioning?

Cheers!

Hi,
If you upgraded PHP up to 5 version on RHEL5 then Plesk installation will most probably fail. Plesk is shipped with psa-php4-configurator package (which should detect the PHP version installed), and the package psa-php5-configurator does not exist for RHEL4. However this is a core package which is necessary for the installation and most probably the installation will fail because of the dependencies unsatisfied.
Now about Tomcat applications. If you will install Tomcat with Plesk then you most probably will have to re-include the applications through Plesk CP. If skipping Tomcat installation, then I assume the existing configuration will remain intact.

Back