• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install problem - can't get to login screen

YoPedro

New Pleskian
Hi,

I've been trying to install on a fresh CentOS server and hit a problem with the final stage of logging via the https + key URL.

My working environment is a bit weird in that I'm connecting to the server via Putty from a remote desktop (VPNd to the server). I've not got admin access to the remote desktop.

The installation has gone fine until this last step.

I'm tied to IE11 on the remote desktop unfortunately and I can't get passed the certificate security issue stage of getting to the control panel login.

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

Continue to this website (not recommended) [CLICK]

res://ieframe.dll/ - This page cannot be displayed

Is this an IE11 issue and I need a different browser? I want to make sure that it is before I have to ask my IT supplier to install something else.

I've had the firewall rules amended so port 4883 is allowed to access the server IP and I've amended the hosts file to resolve the hostname to the IP address ($plesk login gives me the URL https://ServerName.mcc.local:8443/login?secret=abc..)

For completeness, doing a command line version check gives me:

Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #73
Update date: 2019/11/13 03:44
Build date: 2019/10/31 10:02
OS version: CentOS 7.7.1908
Revision: b84667190b002ac309d1766fda8c01a740de4b20
Architecture: 64-bit
Wrapper version: 1.2

Everything is up to date with CentOS, Plesk version and what I think is the necessary firewall rule.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks

Peter

Liverpool, UK

Is this an IE11 issue and I need a different browser?
Actually IE11 is supported browser - Software Requirements for Plesk
But I'd suggest you try to use Chrome at least. Or just "Continue to this website (not recommended) [CLICK]"
Initially, there is a self-signed certificate is used for Plesk interface. Later you can protect it with correct Let'sEncrypt certificate.

Thanks Igor

The problem here is the res://ieframe.dll/ - This page cannot be displayed next step.

Plesk looks to have installed correctly but I just can't get to the login screen.

I'll ask to get Chrome or Firefox installed at the very least.

Any other suggestions as to why this might be happening?

Thanks again

Back