• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Install third-party modules and recompiling Plesk sw-nginx

w00t

Basic Pleskian
I want to install some additional modules for nginx, for example, ngx_pagespeed. I'm isn't good familiar with the sw-nginx structure for Plesk. By the nginx -V command, I saw that --modules-path=/usr/share/nginx/modules, but that directory even doesn't exist. Tell me pls, is there detailed guide for installing third-party modules and/or recompiling sw-nginx?

Thank you very much for the reply, I briefly read that guide, but my question is rather how to correctly remove sw-nginx, not whether there will be any problems after removing sw-nginx and and will it be possible for users to manage additional nginx directives directly from the Plesk Panel after this reinstall procedure? I asking cuz I'm a little bit worried and wouldn't wanna break down a working server and I have no training grounds for experiments.

Problems will surely be. And if you are afraid of the consequences, it is better to refrain from such a serious interference in the Plesk structure.

IgorG, thanks for reply. Well, in this case I'll better refrain from this idea. Although, would be great if that possibility was done in Plesk out-of-box.

Back