• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Install/Upgrade php-pdo --> for Drupal 7

bskrakes

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone!

So this morning I tried to upgrade one of my websites from Drupal 6.x to Drupal 7.x and I received the following error:

The wrong version of PDO is installed!

Drupal 7 requires the PHP Data Objects (PDO) extension from PHP core to be enabled. This system has the older PECL version installed.

See the system requirements page for more information.

I just updated my system to Plesk 10.1.1, I am running on CentOS 5.x. Now I have read several different posts regarding Plesk and PHP... none are very clear!

So lets start with a few questions:
1) Does Parallels Plesk have a psa-php package (if not see next question)
2) If I run the following command:
yum install php-pdo
Dependencies Resolved

===========================================================================================================================================
Package Arch Version Repository Size
===========================================================================================================================================
Updating:
php-pdo i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 65 k
Updating for dependencies:
php i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 2.3 M
php-cli i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 2.1 M
php-common i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 153 k
php-devel i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 503 k
php-gd i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 117 k
php-imap i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 54 k
php-ldap i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 37 k
php-mbstring i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 995 k
php-mysql i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 86 k
php-ncurses i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 42 k
php-odbc i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 53 k
php-pgsql i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 68 k
php-snmp i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 30 k
php-xml i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 97 k
php-xmlrpc i386 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 update 58 k

Transaction Summary
Install 0 Package(s)
Upgrade 16 Package(s)

Total download size: 6.7 M
Is this ok [y/N]:
yum tells me that I need to update several other php dependencies, will this cause any problems? Once php has been updates should I restart the PSA system? If the PSA service doesn't want to restart can I roll back to the version of PHP I was using?
rpm -qa php
php-5.1.6-27.el5

3) There are some posts that say you can upgrade PHP and it will NOT affect Plesk, there are other posts that say otherwise - a little clarity would be nice
4) I have used atomic packages before and then when I have tried to update the Plesk system using the Plesk Auto-installer I get errors and cannot proceed unless I remove the package which I installed through Atomic
5) When it comes to the next Plesk update will running the php update cause Auto-installer problems? For example the Auto-installer will say something like: your system already has a newer version, install cannot continue."

Basically I want to get the php-pdo installed so that I can run Drupal 7 (I imagine other applications will soon be using this php module as well). I understand and appreciate that all of our Plesk systems may have different configurations but installing this module or updating PHP should be fairly straight forward if the ADMIN has a standard system config.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Hi again,

So I have spent a lot of time searching the web and this is the best info I have found thus far (it doesn't even apply :():

Parallels Plesk KB: http://kb.odin.com/en/6670
Parallels Plesk Forums: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=89912

Neither apply to Linux/UNIX based Plesk 10.1.1... has anyone attempted to install the php-pdo package in Plesk? It looks like I am going to have to upgrade my version of PHP to a newer version... has anyone else done this can can you provide any advice?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back